A lithium-ion battery is a secondary battery (rechargeable battery) that works by moving lithium ions between the positive and negative poles.In the process of charging and discharging, Li+ inserts and disinserts the two electrodes back and forth: during charging, Li+ disinserts from the positive electrode, inserts the negative electrode through the electrolyte, and the negative electrode is in a lithium rich state;Discharge is the opposite.It contains no toxic and harmful substances and is called green battery.
Lithium ion battery refers to the battery with lithium ion embedded compound as the cathode material.The charging and discharging process of lithium ion battery is the embedding and disembedding process of lithium ion.In the process of lithium ion embedding and de-embedding, it is accompanied by the embedding and de-embedding of equivalent electrons with lithium ion.In the process of charging and discharging, lithium ions are inserted/dislodged and inserted/dislodged back and forth between positive and negative electrodes, which is vividly known as "rocking chair battery".
When a battery is recharged, lithium ions are formed on the positive side of the battery, and the resulting lithium ions travel through the electrolyte to the negative side.The carbon as the negative electrode is a layered structure with many pores. The lithium ion reaching the negative electrode is embedded in the pores of the carbon layer. The more lithium ions embedded, the higher the charging capacity.
Proper use of lithium batteries
1. Correct charging method of lithium battery: grasp the time and prevent overcharging.Do the right thing at the right time. Although lithium batteries have excellent electrochemical properties, anything that deviates from the equilibrium state will have safety risks.
2. Correct discharge method of lithium battery: charge in time to prevent over discharge.The memory effect of lithium battery can be neglected.
3. Proper maintenance of lithium battery: suitable temperature, preventing cold and heat.When idle, lithium battery usually will not occur safety accidents, the purpose of daily maintenance is to make lithium battery in a suitable environment, thus delaying the aging of the battery.Lithium battery daily maintenance of the appropriate environment should be four words: ventilation, cool.These four words should be followed whether the lithium battery is independently idle or in the electrical appliance for use.
4. Lithium batteries need to be activated, but all lithium batteries have been activated after growing, so users do not need to activate lithium batteries.
1. Lithium ion batteries have the advantages of large capacity and high operating voltage.The battery has twice the capacity of an equivalent nickel-cadmium battery, making it more suitable for long-term communication.Conventional lithium-ion batteries have a voltage of 3.7v, three times that of nickel-cadmium and nickel-metal hydride batteries. 2. Strong charge holding capacity, allowing for a wide operating temperature range.After 30 days of open storage at (20±5)℃, the discharge capacity of the battery at room temperature is greater than 85% of the rated capacity.Lithium ion battery has good high temperature and low temperature discharge performance, can be in - 20 ˉ + 60 ℃, high temperature and discharge performance is higher than other types of cells. 3. Long cycle life.Lithium-ion batteries use carbon anodes.During charge and discharge, the carbon anode does not produce dendrite lithium, thus avoiding the damage of internal dendrite lithium short circuit to the battery.After 1200 consecutive charges and discharges, the battery capacity is still not less than 60% of the rated value, far higher than other types of batteries, with long-term use economy. 4. High safety, safe and fast charging and discharging.Compared with metal lithium batteries, lithium ion battery short circuit resistance, resistance overcharge, discharge, shock, vibration, shooting, acupuncture, no fire, no explosion, and so on, because it has special carbon anode electrode instead of metallic lithium electrode, thus allowing quick charge and discharge, can be in 1 c rechargeable battery charging and discharging, greatly improve the safety performance. 5. No environmental pollution.Batteries are free of harmful substances such as cadmium, lead and mercury, making them a clean "green" source of chemical energy 6. No memory effect.It can be reused at any time, especially in wartime and emergency situations. 7. Small size, light weight and high energy.In general, lithium-ion batteries have more than twice the specific energy of nickel-cadmium batteries.Compared with similar capacity nickel-metal hydride batteries, the volume can be reduced by 30%, weight can be reduced by 50%, which is conducive to small and light portable electronic devicesLow cost, high performance, high power, high safety and environmental protection are the development direction of lithium ion batteries.As mentioned above, lithium ion battery, as a typical representative of a new type of energy, has obvious advantages, but at the same time, there are some shortcomings that need to be improved.